Saturday, 13 February 2016
Peanut Butter Fudge Brownies
Click here for a video tutorial
Makes: 9 very large brownies Total time: 1 hour
Chocolate Brownie Layers
115g Unsalted butter
225g Milk chocolate
125g Caster sugar
50g Light brown cane sugar
80g Plain flour
3 Large eggs
1 tsp Vanilla bean extract
15g Cocoa powder
1/2 tsp Salt
Peanut Butter Layer
190g Smooth peanut butter
120g Icing sugar
2 tbsp Whole milk
2 tsp Vanilla bean extract
Peanut butter cups, chopped into quarters
Nutella/ melted chocolate
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C and line the square pan with some tin foil.
2. Start by melting the milk chocolate and butter in a saucepan on medium heat. Keep stirring until everything is melted and smooth. Pour this mixture into a large bowl and leave it on the side to cool down.
2. Meanwhile, make the peanut butter filling. Beat the peanut butter, icing sugar, vanilla extract and milk on a medium speed until everything is crumbly but well combined.
3. Now that your melted chocolate and butter mixture has cooled down, add in the caster sugar, light brown cane sugar. Add the eggs one at a time, making sure the mixture is well incorporated each time you add another egg. Continue by blending in the cocoa powder, vanilla extract and plain flour.
4. Once the brownie mixture is smooth, pour half of it into the lined tin. Take some of that crumbled peanut filling into your hands and pat it out into pieces. Place all the chunks on top of the brownie mixture. Repeat until it forms a layer.
5. Pour the remaining brownie mixture on top and bake in the oven for approximately 35-45 mins, depending on your oven. Check your brownie after 25mins of baking. If it is starting to brown and crack on top, move it down to another level or turn the heat down slightly.
6. Once your brownie is down, set aside to cool inside the tin. Once cooled, drizzle with Nutella or melted chocolate. Sprinkle on the chopped peanut butter cups, cut into squares then serve!