Click here for a video tutorial
Makes: 12 large cupcakes Overall time: approx. an hour
for the cupcakes:
➥ 240g Plain flour
➥ 2 tbsp Cocoa powder
➥ 180g Caster sugar
➥ 1/2 tbsp Marmalade
➥ 80g Unsalted butter
➥ 240ml Whole milk
➥ An egg
➥ 1 tbsp Baking powder
➥ Zest of an orange
➥ 1/2 tbspVanilla extract
for the chocolate and orange buttercream:
➥ Zest of 1/2 Orange
➥ 125g Unsalted butter
➥ 250g Icing sugar
➥ 60g Melted plain chocolate (melted)
1. Preheat the oven to 170°C. Place the sifted flour, caster sugar, baking powder, orange zest, marmalade and butter into a large and blend at a low speed with an electric whisk until it resembles crumbly sand.
2. Add in the milk, egg and vanilla extract then blend until all the ingredients are smooth and well incorporated.
3. Pour approx. 2 tbsp of batter into each cupcake case and bake for 25-30 minutes. Meanwhile, make the chocolate and orange buttercream. Add all the ingredients into a bowl and blend until the buttercream is stiff and well blended. It should take approx. 5-10 mins on a medium speed with a hand whisk.
4. Once the cupcakes are well baked, leave them to the side to cool down.
5. Using a round nozzle, pipe the buttercream onto each individual cupcake. Finish off with a jaffacake and voila! They are ready to be served.